The American Association of Multi Sensory Environments (AAMSE) promotes awareness, access, education, research, and science for people who would benefit from Multi Sensory Environments (MSE).
- Identify, acknowledge, and educate individuals who have a stated interest in multi sensory environments (MSE).
- Provide a forum for people to share knowledge and resources about multi sensory environments (MSE).
- Create and acknowledge a body of formalized training and protocols based on research and science.
- Provide training opportunities to interested people.
- Create and maintain a registry of people and places who have been trained in the use of multi sensory environments (MSE).
- Promote and encourage research standards and protocols.
- Facilitate the dissemination of scientific inquiry on multi sensory environments (MSE).
Education, Therapy, Health, and Socialization
- Facilitate multidisciplinary awareness of multi sensory environments (MSE).
- Establish, promote, and maintain a list of organizations and individuals who are (a) members, (b) conduct research, and (c) provide services.
- Provide guidance to incorporate the use of multi sensory environments (MSE) for the purpose of enhancing developmentally appropriate academic curriculum or educational activities.